[aspectc-user] ANNOUNCE: Release of AspectC++ Version 0.3

Daniel Mahrenholz mahrenho at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Fri Jan 25 11:54:23 CET 2002

Hi,

after weeks of hard work we have released a new version of AspectC++.
Major improvements included in this release are:
  - support for call join points
  - support for virtual pointcuts
(read the ChangeLog for more details)

You can download the tarball (precompiled ac++ binary and some working
examples) from the download section. This version was compiled using
gcc version 3.0.3 20011217 and has been tested with:
- Mandrake Linux 8.2 (gcc version 3.0.3 20011217)
- Red Hat Linux 7.1 (gcc version 2.96 20000731)

Please report problems with this release to the list or directly to me.

We can also announce that the TOOLS Pacific 2002 paper
"AspectC++: An Aspect-Oriented Extension to C++" is available in the download
section. Another paper "Program Instrumentation for Debugging and Monitoring
with AspectC++" has been accepted for ISORC2002 and is available as a draft
version. The final version will be ready in about 4 weeks.

We try to keep our development speed so that we can release a new minor
version every 4 weeks. Next features to be included are "Actions" and "around
advices". If you think that AspectC++ is missing some important features,
feel free to suggest them.

PS: After uploading the tarball of the 0.3 release we realised that there was
a strange little bug that prevented a correct code generation for the call
join points - this has been fixed in the 0.3-fix1 tarball.

Daniel.
--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Mahrenholz, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Homepage: http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~mahrenho