[aspectc-user] AspectC++-Request:

Daniel Mahrenholz mahrenho at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Jul 2 10:07:50 CEST 2002

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 00:48, Charles Patterson wrote:
> This is the dude who just wrote about Visual Studio 6 support.  It would
> also be nice if your docs were in pdf or html.  There are no free ps
> viewers for MS that I am aware of.

At least with the PS viewer I can help immediately.
You can find a free one (Ghostview) along with other postscript tools at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/index.htm

I'm currently working on the Win32 port and will release it as soon as
possible. There is no need for a special Visual Studio build because
AspectC++ generates C++ code and so can be used with any C++ compiler. The
main problem with the target compilers are the header files they use - most
are not standard compliant and so require a lot of work to adapt our parser
and preprocessor to handle them. If you have access to a linux box you could
try to parse a standard "Hello World" program with AscpectC++ using the
Visual Studio include files.

Daniel.

--
Dipl.-Inf. Daniel Mahrenholz, University of Magdeburg, Germany
Homepage: http://ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~mahrenho