[aspectc-user] AspectC++-Request:

Olaf Spinczyk olaf at ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de
Sat Jun 22 11:17:21 CEST 2002

Hi Alex,

On Friday, 21. June 2002 22:10, you wrote:
> I am interested in source so I can try and compile on Windows XP. I'm
> willing to put up with bugs in the source (I can probably fix most
> problems) so I can do some research into AOP. Thanks!
>
> Alex Earl

Thank you for offering help! We were already able to make a Windows port of
AspectC++. At the moment we are doing some minimal tests. It will probably be
available for download next week. This version is not based on Cygwin. In
this first version there will be tons of problems with parsing the header
files of your compiler and with the performance, because windows headers are
usually huge. Our goal for this first version is only to let the example
programs work, not more.

Source code and bug fixes would require an open source license, which we
haven't yet. We are currently replacing the C++ parser part completely, thus
such license wouldn't help us at the moment. For the time after this big
modification we are considering to switch to the GPL, but I can't tell you a
date yet.

Olaf

PS: You could subscribe to the aspectc-user mailing list. All announcements
about new releases will be posted there.