[aspectc-user] AspectC++ running/installation problems

Aleksandra Tesanovic alete at ida.liu.se
Wed May 22 12:42:43 CEST 2002

Hi!
I'm a PhD student working on real-time databases, and now I'm trying to
integrate aspect-oriented programming into database programming. I'm
currently working on the database which is written in C, and thought
that I might use AspectC++ to add some aspects into the database (as I
read in one of AspectC++ papers that it should be possible to use
AspectC++ to compile with C).
I've downloaded the AspectC++ from the web page and followed the install
instructions. However, I could not make the compiler work - I get
complains on make files, and simply said, aspects are not recognized.
Have you encounter these problems before, and how can one get over them
and have AspectC++ up and running (I tried to make it work both on Linux
on my notebook, and on the Sun workstation, but I had similar problems
with both). I'd appreciate any help I can get on this issue.
Thanks.
Aleksandra

--
Aleksandra Tesanovic