[aspectc-user] Using Aspects

Prashant Deva fulcrum1 at onlysmart.com
Fri Oct 25 15:40:28 CEST 2002

I am still pretty new to AOP, so i still dont really get the concepts too well.

But is it possible to use aspects while wrappers or frameworks sort of for GUI.

Like right now you have an object Window, and you can do whatever you want with a window by using the methods of Window.
Now how can aspects help in there?

The only examples i have seen till now tell me about the use in things like logging. Yeah sure it is good to be able to log calls to each method by defining an aspect but i still havent seen any other real examples of it.

Can anyone give me some nice examples to explain the concept and its use a bit more, without using too technical terms.
OOP has some really good examples(OK , i agree it is pretty mature by now)  with real world objects like using a bulb, etc but i am yet to see such examples of AOP.