[aspectc-user] Two Thoughts concerning Naming-Conventions

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Oct 31 13:16:48 CET 2002

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 31 Oktober 2002 12:20 schrieb EXTERN Sacher Dominik (Diplomand;
FV/SLD):
> 2)
> I wonder how the names in the generated code where choosen.
> Can anyone explain the conventions please?
>
> static inline void __advice_1_Observer_Aspect_call_ScreenScreen_FivE_0( ...
> )
>
> "FivE" == "F_unction i_nline v_oid E_???"

The first part "__advice_1_Observer_Aspect" is a unique name for the advice
code within the aspect. The second part is a unique name for the join point
for which the current advice code instance is generated.
The name mangling follows the conventions of the "C++ ABI for Itanium (draft)"
(http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/abi.html), which seems to become some
kind of standard).

Yours,