[aspectc-user] AspectC/Sun's C Compiler

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Sep 6 12:53:11 CEST 2002

Dear Murali,

On Friday 06 September 2002 07:24, you wrote:
> Dear Daniel/Olaf,
>
> I have been trying to integrate AspectC with C programs which are getting
> compiled by the Sun's C Compiler.
>
> the pumag++conf.pl file seems to be a PUMA G++ configurator. Therefore when
> I set CC  = cc and CXX = CC (My C compiler (gcc equivalent) and my C++
> compiler (my g++ equivalent)) and run ./pumag++conf.pl puma.config CC, then
> the puma.config has just about 3 lines
> -D __puma
> -D __cplusplus
> -I /users/gbr/aspectc++-0.6/Puma/Runtime/Include
>
> although when I had done it for the gcc/g++ the file was longer with quite
> a lot of -D, -I and -A options. I somehow feel that the Sun's C/C++
> compiler should have a corresponding pumag++conf.pl.
>
> Am I correct??
>
> Has AspectC support for the Sun's C compilers been tested?? OR Is the
> AspectC version only for gcc/g++??

The puma.config file is used by the AspectC++ parser (called Puma) to define
-D, -I, and -A options, which you don't like to enter on the command line. It
should also contain the three lines (or similar), which you have listed
above. These are needed for the AspectC++ parser itself.
Normally a C++ compiler comes with include files and has a set of predefined
macros (like __unix, x86, etc.). The corresponding include paths and macros
should be defined for the AspectC++ run as well.The pumag++conf.pl script is
just an aid to obtain these predefined macros and include paths directly from
the g++ compiler and generate a puma.config. pumag++conf.pl does not work
with Sun's C++ compiler, but you could simply write a puma.config by hand if
you know the necessary paths and macros.
I am also working in a Solaris environment now. Thus, I'm sure that
there will be full support for Sun's C++ compiler soon.

Yours