[aspectc-user] A-Kernel

Andreas Gal gal at uci.edu
Wed Sep 25 20:18:55 CEST 2002

Hi,

the a-kernel project (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/labs/spl/projects/a-kernel.html) is
done by Yvonne Coady, not by us.

We are working on implementing certain crosscutting aspects of the PURE
family of operating systems (http://www-ivs.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~pure/)
with AspectC++. The source code of PURE is not publicly available yet as
it is very much work in progress. However, there are a couple of papers
about AOP & OS you might want to look at (http://www4.cs.fau.de/~os and
http://www.andreasgal.com, especially ECOOP'2001 OOOS, WORDS'2002,
ECOOP'2002 OOOS, and ISORC'2002). You can also find a number of
papers about AspectC++ there. The AspectC++ compiler is available as
executable from the webpage if you want to build your own aspect-oriented
OS with it :-)

Andreas