[aspectc-user] Another std:: Issue

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Thu Aug 7 22:28:11 CEST 2003

   I know the std namespace problems are being addressed in general,
but I wanted to toss out one more that I encountered.  It seems that
G++ will accept "bad_alloc" even though the "new" header defines it in
namespace std, but ac++ produces an "invalid statement" statement error
when "bad_alloc" appears in a catch(). I'm trying to get the ACE folks
to use "std::bad_alloc", which would fix the problem from the other end,
but I expect this is the sort of thing you'd want ac++ to handle.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company