[aspectc-user] Setting up AspectC++ pn windows

Danilo Beuche danilo.beuche at pure-systems.com
Fri Jul 4 12:40:06 CEST 2003

Verma, Lohit wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I have downloaded AspectC++ for windows.
>>While trying to compile the sample program, I am getting this error.
>>

>>D:\test\action>ac++ -p d:\test\Action -d d:\test\action\Action-out
>>-I"C:\Program
>> Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\INCLUDE"
>>C:/Program Files/Microsoft Visual Studio/VC98/INCLUDE/stdio.h:77: error:
>>`signed
>>' or `unsigned' invalid for given type
>>
>>I have also modified the pumabc55.cfg to give the location of the include
>>directories but ac++ is not picking the file stdio.h from  there.
>>
>>The variable PUMA_CONFIG has also been set,
>
> I am using VC++ 6 compiler.
>

>>Regards
>>Lohit

Hi Lohit,

ac++ relies on information which is given in puma configuration file,
without access to it, it is not very likely that anything is working
correctly. Please verify that you did call env.bat in the console window
(cmd.exe) in which you are running the ac++. It is not sufficient to
call env.bat in other windows. You can test the success by calling "set
PUMA_CONFIG". It should print the path to your puma config file.

It would be helpful, if you could mail us the line 77 of stdio.h and
some of the surrounding lines. It would help us to track down your
problem more easily.

You could try to use the puma.config from the AspectC++ Add-In
(available from http://www.pure-systems.com/acaddin ). You have to
install the evaluation version and extract the puma.config and the
include file vsbasics.h .

To use the puma.config with the GPL version of the ac++ you have to
delete the last line in the puma.config (--importhandler ...) or you
could use ac++ included in the Add-In.

Regards,
	Danilo

--
Danilo Beuche                           Phone: +49-391-54456910
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-54456990