[aspectc-user] aspect ordering ?

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jul 11 19:58:04 CEST 2003

Hi,

Gabriel Istrate wrote:
> In the examples from the source code for version 0.7 you have an example that
> is meant to illustrate aspect ordering. Is that feature available yet ?
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriel Istrate

No, we presented this feature at the AOSD, but it was not integrated
into 0.7.

Meanwhile this feature was integrated with a slightly different syntax,
which is more flexible:

advice pointcut-expr : order ( high, ...low )

high and low are not names of aspects anymore but pointcut expression,
which describe sets of aspects, e.g. order("A1","A2"||"A3",last()). This
means that you don't need a forward declaration of the aspect names
anymore and you can use arbitrary pointcut functions, match expressions,
and named pointcuts.

We furthermore spent a lot of time to describe the advice ordering in
the Language Reference Manual and made sure that the implementation
really reflects this concept.

All this will be available in the next ac++ release.

Yours,