[aspectc-user] Can't use string objects in *.ah files

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Mar 6 08:18:47 CET 2003

Hi,

On Thursday 06 March 2003 03:05, Goh, Betty wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm trying to build a small sample which uses string objects.
> What could the problem be? Can we use string objects in *.ah files? And
> also, do we have to use extension cc for our main? Because when I named my
> main as main.cpp, nothing is done on the main file.

I'm sorry, but you can't use string yet. The implementation of string is
based on template specialization, which is still not supported by our parser.
We are working on full STL support at the moment.

The file name extension problem can be solved with the command line option
"-e cpp". This means that ac++ should not search for all files with the
extension .cc but for .cpp.

Yours,