[aspectc-user] FW: QUESTION ABT HOW DO WRITE NAME SPACE ADVICES

Anil Krishna akrishna at sta.samsung.com
Wed Oct 22 00:48:51 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to use AC++ for some test programs and I am having problem
writing
the following advice.

Consider the following program : (please ignore the syntax)

Class A {
    Public:
         Int var;
         Void display();
};

void A::display()
{
cout << " var : " << var << endl;

}

int main()
{
  A a;

a.var = 10;  // this is my point cut .

a.display();

    return 0;

}

In the above program, within an aspect I am trying to write an advice which
prints out the signature of the join point.
I know I am bad in using this new aspect terminology.
In lay man words, in the main function after "a.var = 10'" or on any access
to A::var , I would like an advice to be executed
Which prints some value retrieved from the JoinPoint.

Please could you give me as what is the syntax of this advice. (esp for name
point cuts)

I could not clearly understand the use of Introductions from the document.

Thanks,
Anil