[aspectc-user] __declspec issues

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Thu Aug 19 13:58:37 CEST 2004

Hi John,

> Yep, that's the code alright :-((
>
> This is going to scupper the Axis C++ projects use of AspectC++ in that
> case (very sad :-(
>
> If I create  bug report what's the next step -  are you guys working on
> this stuff permanently, would you ignore this because it's a v 6.0 issue
> (don't know if it's a v7 issue)?

We wouldn't ignore any bug report ;)

It seems that this problem is not compiler version dependent but a
configuration problem, i.e. which macros have to be set to come to a
parseable source code configuration.

You could for instance look into the BuildLog.htm generated by the VC
compiler and add all the macros listed there to the ac++ call.

I really think that the problem could be the RPC_STATUS typedef/macro.
You could add the following line to your source code to check if
RPC_STATUS is empty:

RPC_STATUS float var;

If this causes no parse error, RPC_STATUS must be defined empty (which
it shouldn't be).

Matthias

--
Matthias Urban                          Phone: +49-391-544569-32
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-544569-90