[aspectc-user] Usage Limitation of AspectC++

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Feb 2 11:58:24 CET 2004

Hi,

Elisha Berns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have noticed on some posting that there were problems using AspectC++
> with parts, if not all, of the C++ STL.  Can anybody comment on what
> parts of the STL and the C++ standard headers currently work with AC++?
> And of course what parts just don't work yet?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Elisha Berns
> e.berns at computer.org
> tel. (310) 556 - 8332
> fax (310) 556 - 2839

We totally agree with you. Thus, we plan to set up a web page at
aspectc.org which documents the current status of our parser after the
0.8pre1 release.

As a quick summary (from the UNIX perspective) I can tell you that most
of the g++ 2.95 headers can be parsed (only problems with complex,
csignal, valarray, bitset) while only a few g++ 3.x headers are accepted.

Furthermore, it is of interest which library header files can be used.
We are also going to document this on the planned web page and hope that
our users contribute here as well.

Regards,

Olaf