[aspectc-user] RE: help

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jan 19 12:12:22 CET 2004

Hi,

saurabhj at mastek.com wrote:

>  My machine has Windows2000 Operating system. With  g++ 2.95 or g++ 2.96 header files you mean to say linux/unix compiler ? i am speaking candidly i have no idea about g++ header file can you please tell me where to search and how to search these file? because i have already searched in
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin;
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\MSDev98\Bin;
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include;
>
> one important thing : i am able to compile and run examples directory, using BCC55 compiler where i set environment variable  PUMA_CONFIG=c:\AC\pumabc55.cfg
>
> and in my case i set  PUMA_CONFIG = c:\AC\pumavc7.cfg
>
> contents of pumavc7.cfg is following
>
> -I C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Include
> -A machine(i386)
> -A plattform(win32)
> -D __cplusplus
> -D _WIN32
> -D __cplusplus
> -D _WCHAR_T_DEFINED
> -D _M_IX86
> -D _MSC_VER=1300
> -D __STDC__
>

> is it correct or not? do i need any more modification in pumavc7.cfg ?

sorry for the confusion, I assumed you were working in a UNIX
environment. Of course, you don't need the g++ header files on a Windows
system. ac++ can parse Visual Studio header files. You also shouldn't
use pumag++conf.pl.

I currently don't know where the string, map etc. header files are
located for Visual Studio. Maybe our Windows experts can help me here or
you just search? You could also try the free trial version of the ac++
Add-In for Visual Studio from www.pure-systems.com. They surely generate
a working puma.config file.