[aspectc-user] compiling aspectc sources. pthread error

shyam sunder sigshyam at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 22:08:19 CET 2004

Hi,

I tried compiling the ac++ 0.7.2 sources and I got the
following error:

---------------------------
Linking ac++.
g++2 -o ac++  -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -O6
-Wno-deprecated -I../Puma/include `xml2-config
--cflags`  -pipe  ObjFiles/ac++.o ObjFiles/ACConfig.o
ObjFiles/ACWeaver.o ObjFiles/AdviceInfo.o
ObjFiles/AdviceRepo.o ObjFiles/AspectInfo.o
ObjFiles/AspectRepo.o ObjFiles/CodeWeaver.o
ObjFiles/FileRepo.o ObjFiles/IncludeExpander.o
ObjFiles/IntroductionInfo.o ObjFiles/JoinPoint.o
ObjFiles/JoinPointLoc.o ObjFiles/JoinPointPlan.o
ObjFiles/JoinPointRepo.o ObjFiles/JPAdvice.o
ObjFiles/LineDirectiveMgr.o
ObjFiles/MemberProtections.o ObjFiles/Naming.o
ObjFiles/OrderPlannerImpl.o ObjFiles/Plan.o
ObjFiles/PointCut.o ObjFiles/PointCutContext.o
ObjFiles/PointCutEvaluator.o ObjFiles/PointCutExpr.o
ObjFiles/PointCutInfo.o ObjFiles/RepoPosKey.o
ObjFiles/Repository.o ObjFiles/RepoXMLNode.o
ObjFiles/ThisJoinPoint.o ObjFiles/TrackerDog.o
ObjFiles/Transformer.o ObjFiles/WeaverBase.o
-L../Puma/lib -Wl,-Bstatic -lPuma `xml2-config --libs`
  -Wl,-Bdynamic
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpthread
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [ac++] Error 1

My platform is Madrake 9.2 with g++ 2.95.3 being used
as g++2.

The original compiler on the distro is 3.3.1

Can somebody throw some light on this?

Thanks.
Shyam