[aspectc-user] compiling boost library

riccobene-zzzz0002 at mailblocks.com riccobene-zzzz0002 at mailblocks.com
Wed Jul 14 16:57:06 CEST 2004

Hi,
> Can you give us some more information about the problems?
For now I am trying to compile only non boost code. I haven't msvc7 so i am using msvc8 (Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2005 Beta).
I use ac++ v.0.9pre1 in the WPT mode.
I found that:
1) ac++ don't recognize the "__thiscall" and the "__clrcall" Microsoft keywords. I solved this defining:
-D __thiscall=
-D __clrcall=
in the puma.cfg file.
2) In the STL implementation Microsoft use code like this:
class _CRTIMP_PURE exception
{ // base of all library exceptions
public:
exception& __CLR_OR_THIS_CALL operator=(const exception& _That)
   {
        if (this != &_That)
        {
            this->exception::~exception();
            this->exception::exception(_That);       // -> AC++ ERROR
        }
        return *this;
but ac++ report an error:
D:/Programmi/Microsoft Visual Studio 8/VC/INCLUDE/exception:120: error: `exception::exception' does not refer to object or function

Is this a Microsoft C++ extension? Can I solve this?

Thanks,
mike

Well, boost is a fancy template library and the template support in ac++ is ongoing work, i.e. the implementation is not 100% complete. The STL can only be parsed, because we don't analyse the template instances. However, in some situations there might be some information missing.

Therefore, I'm not very much surprised.

Can you give us some more information about the problems?