[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 0.8
Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Mar 18 20:13:07 CET 2004
this is an announcement of the new stable ac++ version 0.8. It can be
downloaded from www.aspectc.org. Binaries for Linux and Win32 as well as
the source code (GPL license) are available.
Binaries for MacOS X and Solaris can be compiled on demand. We also
updated the compiler manual.
The most important change is that g++ under the Windows/Cygwin
environment is now a supported back-end compiler.
Here is the usual excerpt from the ChangeLog that describes the
improvements and fixes of this version:
Version 0.8 (2004-03-18)
* added support for passing definitions of macros with arguments
in the command line and the parser configuration file
* extended the pumag++conf.pl script to handle paths in the
cygwin environment correctly
* documented the --config option, which can be used to provide
the name of parser configuration file
* the parser does not require PUMA_CONFIG being defined anymore
* fixed further template-related parser problems
* fixed problems with generated code that did not compile under
MS Visual Studio .NET 2002
1. Window/Cygwin users: ac++ is not a cygwin/g++ compiled
executable. Thus, absulute path names given to ac++ have
to be Windows-style names. For example, instead of
/home/olaf use c:\cygwin\home\olaf or c:/cygwin/home/olaf.
The pumag++conf.pl script is modified to deal with the names
provided by cygwin/g++ correctly.
Please continue to help us improve the ac++ implementation by entering
bug reports at http://www.aspectc.org/bugzilla or simply asking
questions on this mailing list.
More information about the aspectc-user