[aspectc-user] env.bat

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Nov 19 14:32:58 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

Labhard, Michael E wrote:
> There is no env.bat in the latest Win32 dowload of AspectC++.  Examples
> do not build with examples.bat.  Are these 2 things related?
>
> -- Michael

The env.bat script, which we had provided in earlier version, was mainly
intended for users of Borland C++ 5.5 (the free command line version).
However, ac++ & bc55 had never worked really well together and
supporting this platform, which is not very common, takes a lot of time.
Therefore, bc55 support is not continued and the script was removed.

examples.bat is a very simple script that only calls ac++ to transform
each of the examples from AspectC++ into C++. It's up to you to call
your compiler. Note that for running ac++ you have to write a parser
configuration file on your own. The two *.cfg files are examples. It has
to define all predefined macros of your C++ compiler with "-D..." and
all standard include paths with "-I...". Without this file ac++ will not
be able to parse your code.

If you use g++ and make under Windows things are easier. Refer to README
and not README.win32 und use the Makefile to tranform, compile, and run
the examples. Together with the ACDT (Eclipse Plugin from
acdt.aspectc.org) it becomes fun, because the ACDT generates the
Makefile and visualizes join points.

If you use VC++ the easiest way to compile AspectC++ programs is to
download the Visual Studio Add-In by pure-systems
(www.pure-systems.com). A trial version is available for free. You might
also have a look at their parser configuration file.

I hope this helps. If not, tell me more.