[aspectc-user] running aspect files

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Nov 29 09:57:09 CET 2004

Hello Varadraj,

Varadraj Prabhu wrote:
> Hi aspectc users,
>
>  I have installed the 0.9 version of aspect c++. I have been able to
> create a weaved file with .ah extension in my output directory. I want
> to create a .cpp file out of this .ah (weaved file) and execute it using
> Borland c++ 5.5 utility.
>
> Varadraj

if your translation units have the extensin .cpp, you have to use the -e
  <extension> command line option. Otherwise only header files and
aspect header files will be transformed. The default extension for C++
files is '.cc' in the 'whole program transformation' mode.

BTW, better don't use ac++ in conjunction with Borland C++. This
compiler never worked really well with ac++ and will not be supported by
future releases. On windows platforms either use g++ based compilers,
e.g. cygwin or mingw, or MS Visual C++.