[aspectc-user] Re: Problems using AspectC++ with SystemC

Matthias Urban matthias.urban at pure-systems.com
Fri Feb 18 11:41:28 CET 2005

Hi Sergio,

> I am a student and I am trying to use aspects in a project that I developed
> using the SystemC library (www.systemc.org).
>
> First, I tried to create a small example with both, AspectC++ and SystemC, and
> compiled it but I had some problems during the compilation.

there seems to be a bug in ac++ occurring when used with the systemc
library. This bug avoids the generation of forward declarations for
advice functions causing the advice function to be used before it is
declared. The systemc library forward declares the sc_main() function
and applying advice to sc_main() will trigger this bug. But, as a first
approach, you can #define the macro SC_EXTERNS_H before including the
systemc headers avoiding the forward declaration of sc_main() to be parsed:

#define SC_EXTERNS_H
#include <systemc.h>

The linker problems seem not to be caused by ac++ for me, but you can
run ag++ using the -v9 option to gather more information about what ac++
does and what problems the compiler has.

By the way, the backward warnings printed by ac++ can be disabled by
removing or commenting the __DEPRECATED define in the puma.config file:

#-D __DEPRECATED

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Urban                          Phone: +49-391-544569-32
pure-systems GmbH                       Fax:   +49-391-544569-90