[aspectc-user] Using MatchCollector from PUMA

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Jan 24 10:20:08 CET 2005

Hi,

here I forward a message by Bing-Chang Lai (Please use the email
address, which you used for your subscription, when you send mail to the
list. Otherwise it will be automatically discarded).

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone knew how to use the MatchCollector class from
the PUMA library (which is part of Aspect C++).

I tried creating a MatchCollector instance by
MatchCollector collector("\\do-expression a");

On execution, it complains that
<anonymous unit>:1: error: invalid declaration near token
`\do-expression'

I haven't been able to get it to match anything. The only expression
that it accepted without complaints was "}".

So the questions are:
1. Can I get some samples of working match expressions? The samples
from the User's Guide, which seems out of date, don't seem to work.
2. I am actually trying to look for expressions involving instances of
template classes. Is this possible with the latest version?

Thanks in advance.

Bing-Chang Lai