[aspectc-user] Examples of AspectC++ in Action?

Frank J. Iannarilli franki at aerodyne.com
Wed Jul 13 04:14:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am asking my colleagues to consider employing AspectC++ in an upcoming
development project.  I am presently contending with explaining the
benefits of AOP, and the maturity of AspectC++ (ac++).

I do like the ac++ 2005 tutorial slides for the AOP explanation. In one of
the recent mail-list entries, Olaf mentioned working on a magazine article
(for ac++) -- is that available?

Can anyone provide compelling ac++ code examples (e.g. .ah files) that
implement generally useful aspects?

Regarding ac++ maturity, can anyone please mention any of (their)
significant projects using ac++?  Perhaps pure-systems can indicate the
extent of their customer base?

Can anyone state reasons why they prefer ac++ for doing AOP, versus other
possible mechanisms?

Thanks!

Frank J. Iannarilli, franki at aerodyne.com
Aerodyne Research, Inc., 45 Manning Rd., Billerica, MA 01821 USA
www.aerodyne.com/cosr/cosr.html