[aspectc-user] Weaving comments into existing C++ code

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Jul 16 22:13:18 CEST 2005

Marco,

wedekind wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>AspectC++ seems to be a promising AOP tool. I've just had a glance at it and
>wonder whether it would be possible to use it to standardize the source code
>documentation in my project. I want to add function and class comment
>headers, update them or adapt comment headers that do not adhere to a
>standard comment-header-template.
>
>Is this possible with AspectC++ and if yes how would you go on about it?
>
>Thanks for any hints and suggestions
>
>Marco Wedekind

AspectC++ is a C++ language extension. Therefore, the aspect weaver ac++
is not able to add or transform comments. However, the underlying code
analysis and transformation library Puma, which is part of the source
package of AspectC++, would be able to do this, if you write an
appropriate Puma application. You could also ask the ultimate Puma
expert (Matthias.Urban) at pure-systems.com for help.

Best regards,