[aspectc-user] Re: Multiply Defined Operator in 0.9.1

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Tue Mar 15 17:23:21 CET 2005

In Message <4234D0A8.9050204 at pure-systems.com> ,
   Matthias Urban <matthias.urban at pure-systems.com> wrote:

=>The AspectC++ parser does not yet instantiate templates per default.
=>Because Security::Opaque (see above) is a template instance, the parser
=>can not safely distinguish the declarations of the "operator>>="
=>functions, and thus fails to parse it. But you may try to rerun the ag++
=>call using the --real_instances command line option causing the
=>AspectC++ parser to instantiate templates. Since template parsing is
=>still in the testing phase, I can not promise that it works.
=>
=>Hope this helps,
=>Matthias

   I tried the --real-instances option, but got the same thing. Also with
0.9.2 and/or adding the option directly to the ac++ command line. If there
are any debugging options I can turn on or there is anything I can test,
let me know and I'll give them a try.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies