[aspectc-user] Re: Multiply Defined Operator in 0.9.1

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Mar 24 17:23:45 CET 2005

Gary,

Gary Duzan wrote:
> In Message <4242CC0A.1050305 at pure-systems.com> ,
>    Matthias Urban <matthias.urban at pure-systems.com> wrote:
>
> =>ACE/TAO is really a big package :(.
>
>    That is certainly true. And I would be looking at CIAO, as well...
>
> =>                                    Fact is that the problems with
> =>SecurityC.h are due to a bug in the C++ compiler of ac++. I really hoped
> =>that it's only a configuration problem, but it isn't. We will fix it in
> =>the next release. If we find a quick fix for the 0.9.2 we will post it here.
>
>    Sounds good. Thanks.
>
>    					Gary Duzan
> 					BBN Technologies

one additional comment:

the ACE/TAO code is a challenge for our AspectC++ parser due to its size
and the complex templates. However, support for TAO application has a
high priority. I am in touch with Andy Gokhale and Arvind S. Krishna
from the ACE/TAO development team. Both are very interested in using
AspectC++ for the implementation of ACE/TAO. Therefore, this code will
be supported sooner or later. It is always hard to estimate time needed
for finding bugs, but I'm very optimitic, because none of the problems
with TAO looks really hard.

Best regards,