[aspectc-user] Using AspectC with Eclipse in Linux

Rainer Sand zandyman at gmx.de
Mon Oct 10 10:16:33 CEST 2005

Hi Pericles,

Pericles Leng Cheng schrieb:
> Dear all,
>
> This is my first time in this forum and my first time using AspectC.
> Therefore most of my questions will probably be stupid.
>
> I installed Eclipse version 3.0.2 and added the ACDT plugin for AspectC. I
> tried building a managed C and C++ file and it runs fine. Now I got the
> example code from the AspectC tutorial and tried to run it but I am not sure
> how to do that. I created the main.cpp and queue.h files and another file
> named ElementCounter2.ah but how do you build and run these?

A managed C/C++ project should be built automatically (if the option
"Build automatically" is set). You can start the building process
manually in the menu bar under "Project" -> "Build Project".

> I am new in using Eclipse too so I was wondering if there is a more detailed
> example showing how to use Eclipse to build and run it.

I don't know if you noticed the AspectC++ Development User Guide under
"Help" -> "Help Contents"? There you will find a tutorial to create a
hello world example with an AspectC++ Header and how to build it.

Regards

Rainer