[aspectc-user] NodeName: Error

Panu Bloigu panu.bloigu at mbnet.fi
Mon Dec 4 08:01:01 CET 2006

Hello.

> this message means that the weaver detected an 'Error' node in the
> syntax tree and, thus, can't proceed. These nodes are created by the
> parser in the case of syntax errors. Aren't there any other error
> messages? This is strange.
>
> Did you meanwhile find any workaround?

Yes, there were various syntax errors in the project sources. And no, there
were no other error messages printed at the same time with 'NodeName:
Error'. I managed to spot and fix some of the syntax errors, but the
mysterious message persisted. Then, after fixing a few more errors, the
mysterious 'NodeName: Error' vanished and the compiler correctly indicated
the rest of the syntax errors. However, I'm sorry to report that I just
can't remember the particular error that I fixed, which then let the rest of
the errors to be shown correctly. Actually, I fixed  multiple syntax errors
before each build attempt, so even if I remebered which errors I fixed,
there would still be more than one possible cause for the 'NodeName: Error'.

I will, of course, inform you immediately, if/when I run into this issue
again.  The good thing here is that now that I'm aware of this issue, I'm
prepared to look for the 'critical' error, should it ever occur again.

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Panu.