[aspectc-user] Compile after weaving

Yan Mao maoyan at gmx.net
Mon Jul 17 16:09:48 CEST 2006

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:19:22 +0200
Von: Olaf Spinczyk <Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
An: Yan Mao <maoyan at gmx.net>
Betreff: Re: [aspectc-user] Compile after weaving

> If you are asking for the easiest way, then I can only recommend to
> download the AspectC++ Add-In for Visual Studio .NET from
> www.pure-systems.com. It is commercial, but a trial version is available.
>
> The problem is to get the right parser configuration file for ac++ (e.g.
> puma.config). This is not trivial. In the case of g++, the ag++ command
> generates the parser configuration file for you. In the case of VC++,
> the AspectC++ Add-In for Visual Studion also comes with a valid parser
> configuration file. Writing it manually means that you have to find out
> and enter all built-in include paths and predefined macros of your
> compiler. Therefore, have a look at the Add-In.
>
> If you want to dig deeper without the Add-In, I would recommend to use
> the single translation unit mode, where includes are automatically
> expanded by the weaver. The generated #line directives make sure that
> line numbers in error messages are correct (mostly).
>
> => ac++ -p Trace -I Trace -c Trace/main.cpp -o Trace/Debug/main.cpp
>     (also -I Trace/inc?)
>
> Finally, compile all files in Trace/Debug with VC++.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> Olaf

Hello Olaf,

I really want to dig deeper without the Add-In, since my current project uses VC++ 6.0, but it seems, it would be no so easy.
I have tried the single translateion unit mode, as you suggested, but it didnt work, the same errors came up.
So I am going to take a look at Visual Studio .NET, to think, if i can find a compromise for my VC 6.0 Project, or change to use VS.NET.

thanks for quick answer,

Yan