[aspectc-user] libpuma -- docs, mostly

Olaf Spinczyk Olaf.Spinczyk at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sun Nov 12 18:09:57 CET 2006

Hi Adriaan,

just to give you some advice where to look at ...

* from the class database, i.e. objects that represent classes,
functions, attributes, etc. you can find the associated concrete systax
tree with the 'Tree()' method.

* from the syntax tree you can go down to the token level ('token()' and
end_token()' methods.

* each Token object can be checked whether it is generated by macro
expansion ('is_macro_generated()' method).

* the unit to which a macro-generated token belongs is a macro body. You
can find this unit by calling 'belonging_to()' on the Token object. The
unit can now savely be casted into a MacroUnit, which gives you more
information, e.g. about the macro call ("FOO").

With this information it shouldn't be difficult for you to track down
uses of FOO.

If you see a chance to let us participate in your fp6 project or future
f7 projects, let me know ... ;-)

Best regards,

Olaf