[aspectc-user] Problems linking

Marc-André Laverdière ma_laver at ciise.concordia.ca
Mon Oct 2 21:51:00 CEST 2006

Hello,

I have been jammed on this for a few days now, and I'm out of clues and
good Google searches to make... I hope someone saw that before and found
a solution. :)

I am doing a simple test. I have a few functions in a separate .o file
that I want to use in my aspect.

ac++ -c cfile.c -a aspect.ah -p. --config ./puma.config  -o aspectCoutput.cc

which generates what it should

Then, when I do

g++ -Os -pedantic theofile.o aspectCoutput.cc -o executable -lm
-llibcrypt -llibssl -llibgnutls -llibgnutls-extra

I obtain error messages that my functions that are defined in theofile.o
have undefined references.

When I run objdump on theofile.o, I get all the symbols, but all
preceded by a '_'.

Yet, that wasn't a problem when I did
gcc -ansi -std=c99 -fno-exceptions -Os -pedantic theofile.o
testCprogram.c -o otherexecutable -lm -llibcrypt -llibssl -llibgnutls
-llibgnutls-extra.

So, my .o file is ok, at least when compiling C code. Why is it
non-functional when compiling C++ generated by AspectC++? How do I make
it work

P.S. Tried to compile directly with ag++ with the same results...

Regards,

--
Marc-André LAVERDIÈRE, B. Eng., M. A. Sc. (in progress)
Computer Security Laboratory - Laboratoire de sécurité informatique

/"\
\ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  X      against HTML e-mail
/ \

"Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and
complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:4