[aspectc-user] Project CClassDatabase.

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Tue Oct 31 03:37:33 CET 2006

Hi,

Following on from my previous questions, it seems that with the current
CTranslationUnit/CClassDatabase/CCSemVisitor relationships mean that it's not
possible to semantically analyse a whole project without analysing the common
headers n times. With a large project to analyse, this is a problem, as 99%
of the analysed source is a tree of headers. A simple metadatabase woudn't
really help this situation, and would cause the common headers to be stored
in memory n times. With the projects I'm working on, there are approximately
400 ClassInfos created per source file.

Is analysing a project at a project-wide scope (as opposed to a file scope)
simply infeasible with puma, or are there some simple tricks I'm missing?

robert.