[aspectc-user] Aspect C++ license

Uri Moszkowicz uri at 4refs.com
Fri Dec 14 18:29:15 CET 2007

Hi,
I am interested in AspectC++ and would like to start using it where I work
but have some questions about licensing. The software source code is
released under the GPL v2+ license but the manual states that the binary
cannot be used for commercial purposes. Does this mean that to use it for
commercial purposes I have to compile the source? There is no explicit
license provided with the binary but if it was compiled with the GPL source
code then I suspect that the commercial restriction is not allowed by GPL:
"This program is free software".

Does the AspectC++ compiler ever include GPL source code into woven code?
I'm wondering if executables produced from woven code would be bound by GPL
or whether it is considered a derivative work as with GCC.

Thanks,
Uri