[aspectc-user] calls to template members not matched

Panu Bloigu panu.bloigu at mbnet.fi
Fri Jan 5 13:40:22 CET 2007

Hi,

> On the other hand --real-instances sometimes leads to parsing problems

I just tested the --real-instances mode and it seems to fail with the code
shown in my previous post. However, if I remove references to iostream, the
code copiles fine and the joinpoint is matched! I confirmed this by doing
the printing with stdio's printf. So, to me it seems like ac++ is going
through all the included headers and fails with iostream, beacuse of it
being overwhelmingly complex. Might this assumption be correct?

Also, is there any way to predict, even approximately, what kind of code
might be too much for --real_instances? Can I include any STL headers, or
just some, and how can I find out (besides by trial) which ones would
compile fine?

Panu.