[aspectc-user] Base class substitution

Francisco Afonso afonsofc at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 26 14:55:42 CET 2007

Hi all,

In my application I wanted  to substitute a base class of a component code
class, as explained below:

Current base code: class C derives from class A.

My intention: class C derives from class B.

As in my case class B (introduced as base) derives from class A, no problem
in the original class C code would occurr if class C calls class A methods.

If I just use:

   advice "C": slice class: public B;

what I get into the woven code is multiple inheritance:

   public class C: public A, public B {

Does anyone know if it is possible to implement it?

Francisco