[aspectc-user] Segfault compiling code from SVN on Mac OS X

Stefan Marr aspectc at stefan-marr.de
Wed Dec 3 17:31:04 CET 2008

Hi,

I tried to compile the latest code from the SVN on Mac OS X, since the
current binaries available are already quite old :-/

In the first step I installed the 1.0pre3 which is available on the
web site.
Then I tried compiling the code from SVN, starting with

-/Puma$ make TARGET=macosx-release

Here I got an error referring to something like __attribute. So my
guess was, my GCC might be to old. (Mac OS X standard GCC is 4.01)

So I installed gcc/g++ 4.3.2.

Now I get a segfault while compiling:

Copying sources not to weave...
Calling ac++ on PreFileIncluder.cc...
Calling ac++ on PreprocessorParser.cc...
Calling ac++ on UnitManager.cc...
Calling ac++ on CScanner.cc...
Calling ac++ on CCBuilder.cc...
make[2]: *** [/Users/smarr/Projects/PhD/AspectC++/Puma/gen-release/
step2/src/CCBuilder.cc] Segmentation fault
make[1]: *** [step2] Error 2
make: *** [src] Error 2

I would guess, that there is some bug in the public binary?
ag++ 0.6  built: Mar 16 2006
ac++ 1.0pre3 (Mar 16 2006)

Would it be possible to either publish a new pre-release or some new
prewoven code?
Or give me a hint what I could try else, please :)

Thanks and regards
Stefan