[aspectc-user] Modifying C++ code?

Gordon Schumacher gordon at rebit.com
Wed Oct 22 16:29:19 CEST 2008

Olaf Spinczyk wrote:
> The ability to manipulat the source code is completely independent of
> the MatchCollector class. I would recommend to check out the latest
> Puma version from our subversion repository. Then have a look into
> Puma/examples/sync. This example is well-commented and demonstrates
> how to implement a new C++ keyword with Puma. The resulting demo tool
> accepts 'synchronized' as a keyword and transforms the input files in
> order to implement thread synchronization by means of the pthread
> library.

I'd been looking at that at some point and had lost track of it
somewhere along the way :)
On further investigation, yes, this is very close to what I need.

Is there somewhere that you can point me (perhaps in the AspectC++
code?) as an example of walking the syntactic tree?  Particularly what I
need to do is search for operators (the ternary ? in specific), and then
identify the expressions that are associated to them.