[aspectc-user] Re: Catch exceptions in main()?

Markus Elfring Markus.Elfring at web.de
Mon Nov 21 20:19:05 CET 2011

> Well, for a user there is no big difference between a segfault and a message
> such as "an unexpected error occurred". Therefore, I would regard a catch-all
> handler in 'main' only as an improvement but not as a critical problem.

How do you think about information from the article "Quality Matters #6:
Exceptions for Practically-Unrecoverable Conditions" by Matthew Wilson?
http://accu.org/index.php/journals/1706/

How do you think about a description by Bruce Eckel?
http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/tic/tic0259.shtml#Heading684

Are you aware of differences in implementation-defined consequences like stack
unwinding?
http://lcdf.org/c++/clause15.html#s15.5

Regards,
Markus