[aspectc-user] Using AC++ with VS2010

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Wed Oct 12 21:49:56 CEST 2011

Hi!

You are right, Visual Studio 2010 is not tested and, therefore, not
supported at the moment. All developers are Linux/g++ users. Without the
AspectC++-Add-In you would need a parser configuration file and the
right weaver configuration options. Setting this up correctly is not a
simple task and, even if we did that for you, I am not sure that ac++
would work properly out of the box, because of all the VC++ specific
language extensions in the MS header files.

You may try it with Cygwin g++ or mingw c++ on Windows if Linux is not
an option for you.

I'm sorry, Visual Studio support would be desirable, but man power is
limited.

Best regards,

Olaf