[aspectc-user] AspectC++ roadmap and viability for commercial use

Chartier, Alfonso Alfonso.Chartier at anritsu.com
Wed Jun 13 02:42:58 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been reading about AspectC++ and it seems very promising and powerful. The AOSD 2007 Tutorial posted on the website is particularly good at explaining all the benefits of AspectC++. However, one concern I have is whether AspectC++ is suitable for use in a long-living commercial application. Specifically, is there any data showing the level of adoption of AspectC++? Are there plans for on-going development? Is there a lot of momentum for the project? The fact that all publications I see on the AspectC++ website are over five years old and that Google searches don't turn up much other than the AspectC++ website concerns me. I want to be sure that AspectC++ is a viable tool for commercial use and that it doesn't disappear in a few years' time (which would be rather devastating for a larger software project).

Any input anyone can provide in this regard is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Alfonso