[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 1.1

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Thu Mar 8 13:44:15 CET 2012

Hi AspectC++ users!

An update of AspectC++, namely version 1.1, is now available for download at
www.aspectc.org ...

Version 1.1 (2012-03-08)

The last release of ac++ was a long time ago. Therefore, we can't list
all changes here. This is just an overview about the most important
improvements. For details refer to the subversion log.

  * Support for join points in macro-generated code by automatic macro
    expansion.

  * Improved the parser's template instantiation mechanism and turned
    the 'real-instances' mode into the default parser mode. In order to
    use the old default mode, the new command line
    option '--pseudo-instances' has been added. However, this is only
    for compatibility reasons and will we be removed in the next
    release.  This does not mean that ac++ can now weave within
    template instances. However, the parser improvement was an
    important step towards this goal.

  * Performance improvements even with the new (more complex) parser
    mode.

  * 27 parser and 17 weaver bugs have been fixed. In total the number
    of failed tests when parsing code from the gcc testsuite was
    reduced by more than 50 percent.

Have fun,

Olaf Spinczyk