[aspectc-user] How To Use ac++ In Visual C Project ?

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Wed Jan 27 12:59:11 CET 2016

Hi!

On 01/26/2016 10:42 PM, Arefin Sami wrote:
> Hi,
> 1. I was trying to run the example code (helloworld) under windows. It gives
> me the following error.
> ​g++: fatal error: -fuse-linker-plugin, but cyglto_plugin.dll not found
> compilation terminated.
> Compiling main.cc
> hello.h:4: error: iostream: no such file or directory
> world.ah:4: error: iostream: no such file or directory
> error: Execution failed: ""C:\cygwin64\bin\ac++" --config
> "C:\Users\arefi\AppData\Local\Temp\agx1F7D.tmp"  -p. -c "main.cc" -o
> "C:\Users\arefi\AppData\Local\Temp\mai202C.tmp""
> ../Makefile.generic:28: recipe for target 'Junk/main.o' failed
> make: *** [Junk/main.o] Error 1

Have you checked that your g++ compiler installed correctly, i.e. that it can
compiler a test program and finds all used system header files? Normally, ag++
internally runs g++ to determine the compiler configuration (include paths,
built-in macros, etc.). ag++ then passes this information to ac++, which
performs the code transformation. The error messages indicates that a system
header file is not found. This means that you either used ac++ directly (not
ag++) or that your configuration information is wrong. To test the latter, you
can execute "ag++ --gen_config -o myconfig.txt". Check if myconfig.txt looks
correct.

>> 2. Is there any way to use ac++ in visual studio 2008 C project ? Because,
> pure-systems is not providing the add-in any more. I don't know how can I use
> ac++ for visual c project. Any suggestion?
> Thank you.

Well, I wouldn't recommend it. You would have to create the configuration file
for ac++ manually and then you have to hope that the C++ parser in ac++ can deal
with all the fancy language extensions Microsoft uses in their system header
files. BTW, it makes a big difference whether you use ac++ 1.2 or the daily
build. Version 1.2 is based on the Puma parser, while the daily build ac++ uses
Clang.

> Best Regards
> *Syed Samsul Arefin*
> Graduate Student
> Department of Computer Science
> University of Manitoba, MB, Canada.
> http://bd.linkedin.com/pub/syed-samsul-arefin-sami/45/3a7/591/
> /*Please don't print this email unless you really need to. Let's save some
> trees!*/

Best regards,

Olaf Spinczyk