[aspectc-user] Announcement of AspectC++ 2.2

Olaf Spinczyk os at aspectc.org
Fri Mar 10 14:58:51 CET 2017

Dear AspectC++ users!

The new release, AspectC++ 2.2, is now available for download at
www.aspectc.org ...

Version 2.2 (2017-03-10)

This is an overview about the most important improvements. For details
refer to the subversion log.

 * The weaver now supports Clang/LLVM versions 3.4, 3.4.2, 3.6.2, 3.7.1,
   3.8.0, and 3.9.1. The version used in our binary package is 3.8.0.

 * A language extension allows you to annotate namespaces, classes,
   functions, and variables with user-defined C++11-style attributes.
   An attribute must be declared with the new keyword 'attribute' and
   can be used in pointcut expressions for matching the annotated
   program entities.

 * Documented the new annotation mechanism in the AspectC++ manuals and
   added tests.

 * The new command line options --attributes (default) and
   --no_attributes control whether the new language feature is enabled.

 * Suppress annoying warnings regarding used but undefined inline
   functions that are defined outside the project

 * Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements, e.g. ...

   - Fixed JoinPoint::Arg<i>::...: So far this could only be used if
     arguments were accessed. Furthermore, it is no longer necessary to
     add 'template' in front of Arg<i> (or Dim<i>).

   - Fixed weaving problems with conversion functions that have internal
     signatures, which are invalid in the C++ syntax, but valid in
     AspectC++.

   - Improved handling of __float128.

   - Fixed handling of the 'alignas' keyword in class definitions.

I hope you enjoy the new feature. For bug reports, please use
http://www.aspectc.org/bugzilla/. If you don't have an account, yet, and
want to report a bug, please contact me.

Best regards,

Olaf Spinczyk