This page gives a brief overview about the AspectC++ Development Roadmap. It shows the planned features of upcoming ac++ versions. Feel free to comment the roadmap either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on the AspectC++ user mailing list (note that you have to subscribe first).
NOTE: it is very difficult to plan the AspectC++ development. Therefore, this roadmap is always "work in progress".
Version 2.2: 03/2017
- user-defined attributes for matching name join points
- support for clang 3.9.1, but no longer for clang 3.4
- weaving in template instances
- attributes with parameters
- introspection also for namespaces, variables, and functions
- extended language features, for example ...
- template advice
- free variable in pointcut expression
- matching control flow patterns
- cflow with context ("wormhole pattern")
- better multi-threading support
- whole-program analysis