The Home of AspectC++
About the Project
The success of Aspect-Oriented Software
Development rises and falls
with user-friendly tool
support. With AspectJ® ¹ the
first complete and
powerful language extension for AOP has been created. With the
AspectC++ project we extend the AspectJ approach to C/C++. It is a set
of C++ language extensions to facilitate aspect-oriented programming
with C/C++. An implementation of an AspectC++ compiler is available for
download from our download page.
¹ AspectJ is a trademark of Xerox Corporation.
- The aspectc.org email addresses are fully functional again. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- aspectc.org email addresses are currently not working. This especially affects our mailing lists. The problems are caused by our ISP, but we doing our best to find a quick solution.
- New infrastructure online: New website; new bugzilla version; mailing lists migrated.
- AspectC++ Release 1.2 is available at the Download page. It has many parser and performance improvements as well as a new project repository format with far more detailed information on the project. It can be used for pointcut expression evaluation on the command line with the new --expr option.
- AspectC++ Release 1.1 is available at the Download page. It has a faster and much better parser and supports weaving in macro-generated code.
- Zygmunt Ptak provides an AspectC++ package for ARCHLINUX.
- Riku Halonen from Nokia has posted a very nice blog on using AspectC++ for Qt development on meego.com.
- An application note on "Using AspectC++ for Qt Application Development" (including example code) has been uploaded to the Documentation page.