[aspectc-user] Announcement of ACDT 2.0 for Eclipse 3.0

Paolo Calafiura pcalafiura at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 10 03:37:27 CEST 2004

another strange thing about ACDT. If I create a static library (.a)
project the produced makefile contains the stanza

ac_gen.o: ac_gen.acc
	ar -x c++ -O0 -g3 -gstabs -Wall -c -o $@ $<
	@echo

from the looks of it, this should have been done using  "g++" rather
than "ar". The interesting thing is that in another project that
builds a shared library the stanza is correct

ac_gen.o: ac_gen.acc
	g++ -x c++ -O0 -g3 -gstabs -Wall -c -o $@ $<
	@echo

but then I have another question: does it make sense to put the
link-once code of ac_gen.acc in a shared library? Isn't this
going to create multiple instances of the aspects?

   Paolo Calafiura