[aspectc-user] ACDT tutorial concern; newcomer questions

Craig Ugoretz craigugoretz at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 07:58:34 CEST 2005

Hello,

   I have installed Aspect C++ on Eclipse, and I am
attempting to implement the tutorial.  I know that the
plugin is installed because I get the special aspect
oriented symbols like the "a file" in the C/C++ pane.
However, I can not get my system to do a make - it
complains that the targets all and clean are not
found.  I know that make works with CDT because I
build and ran a file successfully.  I have installed
the ag++ and ac++ files in the /usr/bin directory so
that they will be executable.  I have followed the
instructions to the letter and still am getting a
negative result.

   Otherwise, I have briefly read about AOSD in the
"Java World", but I discovered AspectC++ during the
course of a web search for programs to aid in C++ code
analysis and understanding.  Can AOSD be used for this
purpose.  If so, can examples, text references, or
article references be provided from users out there?
Also, can the literature for Java be easily
transferred to AspecC++?

  Thank you for your time and attention.

                          Sincerely,
                          Craig