[aspectc-user] ACDT tutorial concern; newcomer questions

Rainer Sand zandyman at gmx.de
Mon Apr 18 14:53:42 CEST 2005

Hello Craig,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 22:58:34 -0700 (PDT), Craig Ugoretz wrote
> Hello,
>
>    I have installed Aspect C++ on Eclipse, and I am
> attempting to implement the tutorial.  I know that the
> plugin is installed because I get the special aspect
> oriented symbols like the "a file" in the C/C++ pane.
> However, I can not get my system to do a make - it
> complains that the targets all and clean are not
> found.  I know that make works with CDT because I
> build and ran a file successfully.  I have installed
> the ag++ and ac++ files in the /usr/bin directory so
> that they will be executable.  I have followed the
> instructions to the letter and still am getting a
> negative result.

Your system seems to be configured correctly, so I think the make targets
cause this problem. Try to create a new Standard-Make-Project, copy all the
files from the old project into the new one and build the make targets again....
Be careful that you don't move the "Makefile" after you have created the make
targets. This could cause these kinds of problems...

Regards
Rainer