[aspectc-user] could AspectC++ documentation be made free?

Antonio S. de A. Terceiro asaterceiro at inf.ufrgs.br
Sat Feb 12 04:52:04 CET 2005

Hello AspectC++ team. That's me again, bothering you with issues about
packaging AspectC++ to Debian. :-)

I've noted that most of AspectC++ distributed documentation in not free.
The documents say nothing about licenses or say explicitly "All rights
reserved".

This makes impossible to include AspectC++ in a official Debian package.

If you can make the documentation free, and if it's not an abuse from
me, let me suggest a license:

if the documentation can't be free, please don't distribute it together
with the source code tarball (which if free).

Yet, if it can be free, I'd suggest to distribute only the LyX inputs
together with the sources, since the PDF's can be genereated from them,
or even distribute it in HTML instead of PDF.

--
Antonio S. de A. Terceiro <asaterceiro at inf.ufrgs.br>
http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/~asaterceiro